- The bitter truth of life is cancer kills, but the reality is, many brave hearts has killed cancer. At Ahmedabad Pain Clinic, we give strength to patient to manage their cancer pain. Unfortunately the patient suffering with Cancer undergoes immense constant pain. A small help in reducing the patient’s pain can improve the patient’s quality of life. Less pain means the patient is more active and being active reduces the risk of ailments like pneumonia, blood clots and bed sores.
Cancer Pain Management
- At Ahmedabad Pain Clinic, we work with patient and their oncologist to provide optimum relief to the patient. We try to elevate patient’s pain by detecting:
- Location of the pain
- Severity of the pain
- Type of pain
- Whether pain is persistent or not
- What activities or events make the pain worse
- What activities or elements make the pain better
- Current medications
- Impact the pain has on lifestyle.
- There are numerous medication that can help a patient to get relief from cancer pain such as Aspirin like drugs, paracetamol, opioids etc. But medicines can only be taken under observation of the doctor. The doctor needs to know the side effects the tablets can have on the patient’s current treatment. Medicines can also be taken in different forms like: Tablets or syrups, injections, intravenous injections spinal injections etc. It is important to take the prescribed doses of pain relieving medications regularly, rather than wait for the pain to strike. If the pain is well managed, the patient is likely to take large doses and the risk of side effects is reduced.
- At various intervention options available for cancer pain management. If cancer pain is taken care, than treatment of cancer can be very smooth for clinician too.
- CELIAC PLEXUS BLOCK
- This procedure helps to treat the pain from malignancy involving pancreas, liver, gall bladder, stomach, intestine, colon and upper abdomen. we do this procedure under C arm Guidance.
It involves a 30-minute procedure in which under local anaesthesia and with the help of C –Arm (IITV), the pain specialist advances a needle to the correct location at Celiac Plexus. For Celiac plexus block we us 50% alcohol or we can do radio frequency ablation.
- SUPERIOR HYPOGASTRIC PLEXUS BLOCK
- The Superior Hypogastric Plexus Block helps to treat the pain from malignancy involving Uterus, Cervix, Ovary, prostate, bladder, rectum and all viscera from pelvis. At we do this procedure under C arm Guidance. It involves a 30-minute procedure.
In which under local anaesthesia and with the help of C –Arm (IITV), the pain specialist advances a needle to the correct location at superior hypogastric plexus. For hypogastric plexus block we us 50% alcohol we can do radio frequency ablation.
- STELLATE GANGLION BLOCK
- For malignancy involving head, neck and upper extremity stellate ganglion block will be very useful. we do this procedure under C arm Guidance. In Stellate Ganglion block we can use alcohol or can do radio frequency ablation.
- T2 T3 SYMPATHETIC BLOCK
- For malignancy involving chest, lung and any thoracic viscera T2 T3 Sympathetic block will be very useful. We do this procedure under CT Guidance. For T2 T3 Sympathetic block we can use radiofrequency ablation
- INTRATHECAL IMPLANTS
- In extreme painful conditions and with longer life expectancy we do use intrathecal implants. Intrathecal implants can be placed in intrathecal space. It delivers constant dose of fentanyl or morphine in intrathecal space.